Friday 29 June 2012

An Extraordinary Man

With Sri Raj Mohan Gandhi


Date: 29th June, 2011.
Panchgani.
(Visited the beautiful hill station as part of a program by SIBM. Stayed there for two days and one night. That night I didn't have sleep. Wrote this piece on FB around that time)

Miracles happen!!
Believe me, they do.
There was a time when I read "My Experiments With truth-M.K.Gandhi".
It was like a mirror.
So plain, so clear.
As if there was nothing to hide,
As if it was you who was addressed in that book,
The sweetness in the pain that you go through- just for the sake of your principles when all the world is looking at you and thinking "What a fool!!"
The depth of passion that you feel when all the hardships are fighting right against you, and you are well aware that your cause is worth fighting for.........
So what if you don't believe in his principles?
He may just be a weak man physically but his was one of the 'Strongest Souls' that was ever born on earth.
I couldn't help but weep while reading some pages from that book.
The next time (and every time from then onwards!) when I saw his statue in M.G.Bus Stand (Hyderabad),  I went to him........
In great humility I prayed him (God, I'm a strong agnostic!) "Please give me a fraction of the strength you had."
And here, on 28th June,2011,  at Panchgani I had the opportunity to shake hands with Mr.Raj Mohan Gandhi (grandson of Gandhiji).
And to tell you something- this was an amazing person.
The right person to bear the surname.
What a great man he was!
What a huge knowledge he has!
At last when asked to write one principle which he held all his life,
He wrote, "Ravi do everything for another person and for God".

No comments:

Post a Comment